So I turned 30 last month and for fun my friends suggested to dress up 80s prom attire and go out to dinner. What can I say, I can't pass that up. We spent 2 hours getting ready. We went through a can of hair spray, tons of eye shadow, combs that teased, lots of black lace and one shiny "30" tiara. We went to dinner and got some interesting stares...

Upon our return I see Jared with a boombox over his head, dressed up as well, chomping on gum bobbing his head. I jumped out of the car and ran to him and he got down on one knee, gave me a huge corsage and asked me to prom...

He then escorts me through the doors to an amazing surprise party my friends have been planning. The place was decked out in prom decor galore - it was pretty amazing! More friends were there dressed up and ready to party. There was red punch, food, even green jello with carrots (thanx Michelle!), and of course 80's music!

My talented friend Denise made me a boombox cake.

We took prom photos with our hot dates.

My awesome friend Michelle in a real 80's prom dress. Check out the awesome makeup.

The men held their own as well. I love this shot of Jared because you can see his gum.

I have such amazing friends. It was the best birthday party ever! I had so much fun and they got me good. Thanks to all for everything, It made turning 30 fun!

The boys came over really quick to check out the party!
5 comments:
Forget Sweet Sixteen, Sweet Thirty is way better!
I hope you had the great music of the 80' and of course a bit of MJ in memory to rock your night away!
Happy Birthday :)
That totally rocks!! What an awesome party!! You look hot!
Hey stacey!! Cute pictures!! Congrats on turning 30!! You have a way cute blog and cut boys :)! Our blog is www.keithandrachelnye.blogspot.com :)
Love the Blog Stacey!!!
It was a great party, one to always remember!
Post a Comment