I came home the other morning and found this. Tagg loves his crib so much it is truly rare and so precious to have him fall asleep on you. There's nothing better than a daddy that loves his kids and I'm lucky to have one. The other day I was rushing out the door to go to back to school night. As I left the house this is what I saw... a grown man hunched over a squirming baby admidst a mess of toys trying to wrestle him down to change a poopy diaper and put jammies on, with a 3 yr. old hanging from his back, knowing that the two older boys had unfinished homework yet to be done. Also knowing the kitchen was a mess from dinner. I turned to say goodbye and Jared just looked up with a big smile and said "Bye!" I laughed at the image of insanity but impressed none the less that Jared takes such good care of his boys and willingly. He encourages me to get out and do stuff all the time. Upon my arrival the boys were down and the dishes done. Then I got to hear the scoop of the night. All five of them were glued to the computer watching BYU football highlight videos. Trying to finish homework and put Tagg to bed. Then Darin dropped pans down the stairs and woke up Tagg. Trying to get the middle boys to get ready for bed. Rees trying to sleep while Tagg is screaming and Jared trying to sing Tagg to sleep. And yet through it all he prevailed and all was well when mom came home. That is a good man.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Good Man
I came home the other morning and found this. Tagg loves his crib so much it is truly rare and so precious to have him fall asleep on you. There's nothing better than a daddy that loves his kids and I'm lucky to have one. The other day I was rushing out the door to go to back to school night. As I left the house this is what I saw... a grown man hunched over a squirming baby admidst a mess of toys trying to wrestle him down to change a poopy diaper and put jammies on, with a 3 yr. old hanging from his back, knowing that the two older boys had unfinished homework yet to be done. Also knowing the kitchen was a mess from dinner. I turned to say goodbye and Jared just looked up with a big smile and said "Bye!" I laughed at the image of insanity but impressed none the less that Jared takes such good care of his boys and willingly. He encourages me to get out and do stuff all the time. Upon my arrival the boys were down and the dishes done. Then I got to hear the scoop of the night. All five of them were glued to the computer watching BYU football highlight videos. Trying to finish homework and put Tagg to bed. Then Darin dropped pans down the stairs and woke up Tagg. Trying to get the middle boys to get ready for bed. Rees trying to sleep while Tagg is screaming and Jared trying to sing Tagg to sleep. And yet through it all he prevailed and all was well when mom came home. That is a good man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, he is!
I love the behind the scenes stories. I think it helps them appreciate what we do too. Jared is a great dad. I love the sleeping picture so cute!!!
Post a Comment