Monday, March 22, 2010

Blue and Gold

I'm almost embarrassed to post this, because a cake person I ain't. Rees had his first Blue and Gold Banquet last month. He was supposed to make a cake for it with the theme "100 years of scouts." Rees planned the cake out and I helped execute. I should have listened to my 8 yr. old. He suggested frosting and I said whip cream would be easy and quick and good with the fruit. It totally melted and slopped off, sorry Rees. Apparently I underestimated the stability of cool whip.

Rees and his cake - it's cut out in the shape of 100 (which is hard to tell with the gooping coolwhip).

Rees won "most bang for your bite." The boys still loved eating it, goop and all!

1 comment:

bjarnason family said...

Love it! We are starting the great house hunt here. What a perfect example of fun and excitement mixed with sheer terror!