Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Race

Jared's little nephew passed away last Friday due to complications with pneumonia. He was such a sweet little guy with such a pure countenance. He will be greatly missed. Love you little Becksters. As the happenings were unfolding around us, it made me ponder back 6 years when my brother lost his little girl. I turned to my brother for advice and as we were talking he explained it as a race. We are all running a race called life. We are all doing are best, some at different speeds. Our sweet niece and nephew have already crossed the finish line and are waiting for us to do the same and cheering us on. We will and can get there, we just need to endure. It reminds me a little of Lehi waiting and watching his family try to get to the tree of life. We must hold firm to the rod and continue on with faith, courage and hope. Thanks Beck and Emma for blazing the trail! We miss you and love you!

4 comments:

christa said...

I'm so sorry, I hope him and his family can pull through, his sister and her fam are in our prayers.
love you neighbor, let us know if there's anything we can do.

Geoff and Janene said...

that was so sweet it made me cry.

Michelle said...

I am so sorry Stacey. I cant even imagine as a parent how hard that must be to lose a child. Hugs to you, and I am sending along prayers for your family.

bjarnason family said...

What a sweet analogy. I'll have to remember this one.