Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rees-a-roni

Rees turned 9! He was excited to have another birthday! Whoa-hoo! My oldest brother Scott and his family actually spent the day with us on their way up the coast. It was really fun to have family here and have a party for him. Rees loved being with more cousins (especially since we missed these cousins at the reunion).

Rees is such a good big brother. He is caring, funny, creative and smart. Of course he has his teasing moments, but he makes up for it being Tagg's second mom. He loves to build legos, draw, play football and read. He is such an obedient kid and we love him very much. He makes life fun.

We gave him an early present - pocket knife, before cub camp.

Rees with his loot. He also got lots of money to buy a lego set.

I made him a homemade icecream cake. I can't believe he is 9!

Blowing out the candles.

The cousins. I can't believe I didn't get a pic with my brother. I need to be better at pic taking.

2 comments:

Geoff and Janene said...

At least you can see Scott in the background. And Jenna waking up. :) Happy Birthday Rees! He is such a good kid. I loved having them here to talk to them more.

bjarnason family said...

Happy #9 Rees! Someday I need to make you a better Lego cake. The one last year was a work in progress Hope you had a great day. Joseph is sure missing you and asks me all the time when the two of you are going to get together again.