Yesterday I was watching the live feed of the Chilean mine rescue. I found it amazing how these men stayed alive for 2 1/2 weeks on very little until they were found alive. And then another 2 months that it took to drill down to them. The siren would sound every time another miner was close to coming out and then the pheonix capsule would appear and it was all cheers of joy.I had the opportunity to talk to my boys about the incident and the amazement of the whole thing. They thought it was fascinating. When we would hear the siren we would run over to the computer to watch. Call me weird, but I love happy endings and I loved watching these brave men emerge out of the earth so happy for life. It makes you realize how life is really precious and wonderful and how humanity can be united in a good cause.
2 comments:
After watching this on the news, the only thing Larry could say was... "man, could you imagine the smell down there!"
Nice. Boys.
I found it fascinating also!! I seriously couldn't imagine anything like that. I would've probably gone crazy being down there that long...I am so glad they are FINALLY out!!! Can you imagine the emotional roller-coaster they and their families have gone through?!
Post a Comment