Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dr. Suess Mishap

On Saturday I went to pull out my roast to defrost for Sunday dinner and couldn't find it in my freezer. Oh no, I thought it's probably still in the car from shopping 3 days earlier. Gross. I went to look and found that it had slid under the seat and was on the floor in the back. To my disappointment and many carnivorous boys we didn't have french dip on Sunday.

I say Dr. Suess because on the way to church the next day I jokingly asked Rees "did you not notice a 4lb. hunk of meat on the floor near your feet for the last few days?" "What!" Jared and I were trying to top one another with the rhyming scheme and it turned into a Dr. Suess joke.

Rees did you not notice the old meat
On the floor at your feet,
That was by the heat,
That had slid under your seat?
That we now cannot eat.
I will not eat that meat,
That has been at your feet by the heat,
And slid under the seat.

That was about as far as we got. Apparently my car is so disgustingly dirty that my kids didn't even notice a roast laying at their feet. Needless to say I cleaned out my car today.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Eewww! This totally grossed me out, and made me laugh! This is a fear of mine. After losing a sippy cup of milk in my car for who knows how long, I try to remember to do a clean sweep of my car after every shopping trip. Lost dairy or meat in the car is a scary thing.

E B said...

Nice picture at the top! And Revolting. You needed a colder climate - it would have been frozen the whole time in my car (in Chicago).

Cami said...

Yeah for clean cars!

Camille said...

Ahhhhh.....I needed that laugh!!!! Thank you, Stacey!!!!!