Valentines was a simple day. I barely woke up to make Jared some breakfast that consisted of peanut butter toast with heart shaped jelly on it. Amazing I know. I am not a morning person. I herded the rest of them and just had a typical morning and ran them off to school. I did put an extra treat in their lunches.
Sunday night we had a nice dinner of steak and twice baked potatoes so I went simple for Vday since it was a typical busy school day. We had spaghetti (it's red :) breadsticks, and such. The hit was the martinellis - my boys can't get enough of the stuff. During the previous week they picked secret family valentines and were suppose to be doing nice things for each other. They all made them a valentine and we put them at the table with some goodies I put together. At dinner we talked about who we had and what we did for them. It was a little pathetic with the deeds but some were done and hopefully they learned something. I have to admit that Jared probably did the best job, he had Tagg and it was cute watching him play with him and hang out with him.
Darin and I were in charge of FHE and did a few love at home games. We then had chocolate dipped strawberries for a treat. Simple this year, but we sure love each other!
1 comment:
Cute. I gave my kids heart shaped toast and made sugar cookies that was the extent of our festivities. I think you beat me. :)
Post a Comment