Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Darin's Knight BDay Party Bash

I told Darin he could have a Bday party this year and he requested a Knight Bday party. I got some great ideas in my head about making them all costumes and shields and swords and thought they would love it. Then I realized I was probably a little ambitious but it was fun and the boys had a blast.

The boys made crests the night before for decorations.

The knight tunics I made all the kids.

Darin wearing his before the festivities began.

Bless my husbands heart, I convinced him to be the king and made him a tunic out of my scraps. He was a good sport. I was the queen but never got pic.

Once all the kids came, they picked out their tunic and then Jared knighted them with his real sword, which they thought was cool. Once knighted I gave them their swords and shields.

Here they all are with their gear. Notice the cute little girl that Darin requested to come and be the princess. Too cute.

Ready for their quest. We had them jousting with ringed paper plates attached to chairs, storming the castle and even slaying a dragon.

The highlight I thought was our willing dragon. I made this quick outfit in 10 min. out of scraps I had. Rees was the dragon that chased the kids around and if he touched them they had to freeze. The kids goal was to get his magical scale on his belly. Rees was such a good sport. Jared got it on film. Luke was dressed up as the knight guard and reinforced the rules, so up his ally.

They also stormed the castle that consisted of throwing bean bag "rocks" at the castle which was a stack of boxes. They had to knock them all down. Boys and throwing things just go hand in hand right?

Darin opening his presents.

Darin and all his loot. They had a good time and it was fun to do. We later had M&M brownies and ice cream. It was a long day after soccer games and stuff but we all had fun.

2 comments:

Peggy Glasmann said...

Stacey that is the cutest idea ever for a party and games. I am totally telling Jackie to steal this idea for a party. Looks like they all had fun!! Some day you will be able to do a princess party!!

Michelle said...

Wow, what a fun and creative birthday party! This is so something any one of my boys would love.
What are the costumes made from? Are they t-shirts? So creative, and ambitious of you!