Wednesday, July 27, 2011

One Decade Old

I can't believe I have a 10 year old. Rees hit the double digits this year. He was afraid I would be in the hospital for his bday, but Lydia was so considerate and came early. Alas his bday wasn't too exciting since I was still trying to cope with everything. Grandma Snyder was here to help. The Sat. before Jared took him out to dinner to Olive Garden, he was super excited. Jared also took him shopping with some money we gave him and he got a big Lego set. We didn't do much on his actual bday. He played a little and watched a movie. I took him to KFC for his lunch. We then came home and we had a breakfast dinner that he requested.

Opening a couple presents in the morning of his Bday.

Much needed socks, he actually was excited. He also got some needed shorts. I know so exciting, but he did use all his money on the Lego Set. We let him watch Prince of Persia the next night also - he was sooo excited and has been begging to watch it again since. He later bought some more lego sets with some grandma cash.

Rees requested a chocolate cake peanut butter cup ice cream bday cake with orange buttercream icing.



Can't believe you are ten! We love you Rees, you are such a good older brother to all your siblings and so sweet to help all your younger siblings out and play with them. You have a creative brilliant mind and we love you very much!


Rees 4

Rees 3. You've grown so much!

3 comments:

Camille said...

Happy Birthday to him! I didn't realize or first babies were so close in age...my Hannah just turned 10 in May! I was just thinking today.."How can I be old enough to have a 10 year old?!?! I still feel like I am 22 or 25?!?!" Man, I'm getting old.

Michelle said...

What a cutie-pants he was! love those younger pictures! Happy 10th Birthday to him! :) Did you make the cake? Sounds and looks yummy.

Cami said...

Love the 3 and 4 year picture. My kids got a kick out of them. What a great kid!