Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Snyder Reunion 2010

Ok this will be the last of my vacation...well almost. One of the main reasons we went to UT was to have a Snyder reunion with my family. Props to my brother and his wife for making it such a fun reunion and so organized. Here is what we did in 3 1/2 days with family...

Day 1 - Meeting & Amazing Race

We met everyone at "This is the Place" Park in SLC. Jared and the boys looking at the monument of Brigham Young.

Me and the boys hanging out waiting for others...we were the first ones!

We met and had lunch together. We talked about Captain Moroni and the Title of Liberty, my Dad is holding our title of liberty flag that my sister-in-law made. We tried to take family photos. This is of all the grandchildren - minus my oldest brothers fam, they couldn't make it. Darin was refusing to be in the pic and I told my mom to just grab him. That is why she is holding him up and he is refusing to look at the camera - stinker!

Uncle Trevor started up a game of soccer for all the boys. They had so much fun, until Luke got run over by an adult that joined their game and his leg was sore for the rest of the trip.

We then gathered and began our Amazing Race that my brother Paul was in charge of. I just have to say that this was one of the highlights of the reunion. We split into 3 teams and headed out. It was so fun, we went to the U, temple square, Thanksgiving point, cemetary, BYU, a school and to my brother Stephens house. We had tasks that we had to film on all our stops. It was soo much fun. Our team got 2nd place. The boys loved it!

Once we got to the house we ate dinner and had a FHE that we were in charge of. I had the boys act out the story of Captain Moroni, I don't have pics because I was helping do it, dang it. They had costumes and everything. Then we watched the videos of all the Race tasks. That was fun.

Day 2: 5k and Cherry Hill Water Park


We headed to Farmington (where we stayed with my sister) for the day. We started with a family 5k run/walk. My goal was to run half of it. I think I did, but not all at once, it was soo hot. Rees did the whole thing with his cousin Spencer. I was proud of him. Jared was sweet and would walk with me with Tagg in the stroller and get me water as I went by.

Rees and I at the finish line.

We then headed to a water park afterward, which was so refreshing. We had so much fun there. There were kids areas, lazy river was the hit, and a few tube and water slides. We had a blast with siblings and cousins everywhere.

Luke on a tube ride.

Jared took Darin down the tube ride, I love that his feet are totally dragging.

Jared, Tagg and Darin (in blue floaty) in the lazy river. That lazy river was so relaxing.

Drying off and heading home.

We ate dinner at Janene's house and then had a Bunco game night. It was fun. Rees got the most loses.

Day 3: Temple, playing, Minute to Win It

We woke early and got ready to go to the temple down in PG. We dropped all the kids off at Stephen's with babysitters and all the adults headed to the temple. We did sealings for Greek relatives my mom had found. It was really special to see my siblings and parents in the temple together.

We came back for lunch and the kids all went to a huge park called Discovery Park. They played there for a while.

Everyone hanging out in the shade.

Jared showing Luke a musical thing.


Audrey and Megan on spinning wheels.

Darin showed me his hideout and he is in the "dungeon".

Uncle Trevor pushing cousins on the tire swing, whoa...hang on!

Luke about ready to lose his cookies on the spinning wheel.

Tagg and I showed up later after his nap.

We then headed back to the house for a BBQ dinner. After we played Minute to Win It game. It was hilarious to see the different teams and tasks. I was in charge of it so I didn't have time to pick up my camera. Maybe some siblings can give me some pics because there were some funny moments...mom trying to do "junk in the trunk". :)

We then had popcorn and root beer floats and watched a movie outside on a projector. We all crashed at Stephen's house. He has a nice big house we were all able to sleep at.


Most the cousins sleeping.

Day 4: Breakfast & Goodbyes

We had a big waffle bar breakfast and started to clean up. We gave out awards for different events through out the reunion and had a family council. Til next time in 2012 (which I'm in charge of - ahhh).

Uncle Stephen announcing winners of the awards.

Everyone just hanging out listening.

We then said our goodbyes to each other. Darin bonded with the older cousins.

Darin loved Uncle Trevor and cousin Zach.

Let's face it everyone loved Uncle Trevor.

Rees and his cousin bud, Spencer.

Grandpa and Darin saying goodbye.

We had soo much fun with everyone. It was so fun to see siblings and cousins again. Those truly are the relationships we need to keep up with. Love you all! Thanks for the fun!

4 comments:

Cami said...

That sounds so fun. We loved going to Cherry Hill a couple of years ago. You guys did some really fun things.

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

I loved seeing some of your family. I can't believe how long it's been since I've seen everyone! Thanks for sharing ur photos!! Family reunions are fab!!

bjarnason family said...

We love Discovery Park! Great fun!

Michelle said...

I totally agree with Rach, so fun to see pics of your fam! Looks and sounds like a great family reunion, fun games, activities,etc!