So I always slept with sheets on my bed. My mom would make us strip them off and wash them and tuck all the corners nice and neat to keep us warm and toasty. I remember going to college and noticing that others don't always have sheets - the top sheet. Mainly guys dorms (don't worry I didn't shut the door when in the rooms. :) I always thought, did their mothers not teach them? Are they just lazy and don't know how to wash them or tuck them?
So being the mother of all boys I thought I would teach them so their future wife wouldn't be scared off by their uncleanliness and laziness. Until now. I tried for 9 years and gave it a go. My kids apparently are tackling villans, wrestling lions, taking down a crocodile in the death roll when they are sleeping, because every morning that's what their beds look like, a total mess. I remake and tuck their sheets and comforters in endlessly. Morning after morning I would see their top sheets shoved at the bottom of their beds and usually barely hanging on and mostly on the floor in a heap. Fine, I give up, if they are not going to use them and just twist around in them and kick them to the bottom, then I'm taking them off. They are now officially college dorm room beds. Have I failed? Maybe in a few years I will reintroduce them as this cool new thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Minus the 4 boys part, I could have TOTALLY written this post! I gave up about 2 years ago, though. So not worth the effort and time, not to mention sanity.
I'm curious to see if they do that to the comforter now. :)
I gave up last year too. What's the point??? When I would tell them to make their beds I usually found the top sheet in the closet. Charley has the top sheet though and usually sleeps with it and not the comforter. Maybe its a girl thing?
And I thought I was the only one, but with girls. Katelyn just can't keep her quilt on or even tucked in. A heaped pile on the floor. Stop the insanity
My girls each went through a phase of doing that too...my 2 older girls, that is. For the most part, they will sleep in them, unless it's hot and then they just sleep on top of the covers and never even get in the them!!!
Post a Comment