Thursday, March 24, 2011
Pine Wood Derby 2011
It's that wonderful time of year again that we all look forward to (a little sarcasm implied)...Pine Wood Derby!! This being our second year you think we would have planned a little better and known what we were doing...not really. Jared was out of town for the actual event, so I begged him to get as much done with Rees as he could. They cut it out and Rees sanded it and Jared showed him how to paint the base coat. That's about as far as they got. I got to take over and try to implement Rees' design idea.
Rees doing a little last minute sanding. We tried to paint stripes but the paint was kind of old and somewhat watery and bleed through the tape.
We miraculously finished it. I touched up a few spots one night (the things we do for our children). I somehow got those axles and wheels on. We needed to add weight to it so I taped a bunch of quarters to the bottom of it, that's what you get with a couple hours to go and mom is in charge. :)
The boys sitting front and center watching the racing. Did I mention we all had to be there early to help set up because I pretty much took over because our cubmaster was taking a final.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go Rees, Joseph gets to race his this Tuesday. He has decided to do a cougar car.
Post a Comment