Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Easter Sunday
Easter morning was bright and early or a bit hazy and rainy...we do live in Oregon. We have 9am church and so the boys ate a quick breakfast of cold cereal, that's how we roll, and toast. The Easter Bunny left some eggs on the table with a poem and and some letters inside that they had to unscramble to find the true meaning of Easter. In case you were wondering it unscrambled to say "Jesus Christ."
Then I encouraged them to take 20 min. to just try to find their baskets, the Easter Bunny hides them in our house, he's sneaky like that.
Darin was the first to score his loot - it was in the closet. He was super excited about his Lego game.
After much hunting and poor seeking skills the other boys finally found theirs. Luke found is in the closet under a coat - yeah he actually had to move something to find it. Crazy I know.
Rees and Luke got matching ties for Easter and I tried to coordinate the rest of them. As we were rushing out the door I tried to take a pictue...of course Tagg didn't want anything to do with it.
After church with Tagg starring at Jared dangling candy if he held still for one picture. We later had a ham and potato dinner and an carmel ice cream dessert. Jared actually went to an Eagle court of honor for some of his old deacons...crazy how long we have been here. He received a mentor pin and was honored to be apart of those boys scouting. I hope he has it in him for 4 more!
This was one of my favorite Easter moments. After drilling my kids the last two days if they got an assignment to do in primary I got nothing. (I was gone during the assignment part) After looking at what I was conducting Sunday morning for primary I see Luke's name in the talk slot. Great. Are you kidding me? I asked them like 5 times and Easter of all Sundays. I came into Sacrament and leaned over the Luke and said "did you have a talk for today?" Oh yeah. He then said "are you going to write it?" I said, "not right now." I told him to think about the meaning of Easter and write down his thoughts about the Resurrection and then we could try and piece a talk together later. During Sacrament instead of coloring he pulled out his spiral and proceeded to write this talk on his own. I was so proud of him. The mother in me wanted to make spelling changes and add some more info to make it longer, but it was just too perfect by itself and he did it all on his own. He delivered it perfectly and I was so proud. And that is what Easter is all about the wonderful sacrifice of our Savior and the gift to receive our bodies and live with Him again someday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment