Wednesday, July 13, 2011

She's Finally Here!!

Lydia Stenson was born July 12, 2011. (yes, yesterday) She was 7 lbs. 9 oz. and 22 in. She came quickly and perfectly. I had her all natural, no tearing - I'm pretty proud of that, and no IV - I was excited about that. Jared helped catch her and cut the cord. She came so fast we didn't even have our camera so I made Jared run down to the car and get the camera after her birth. We are so blessed to have her in our family!
The ugly mom just had a baby shot.

My sweet girl, I made them move the towel that they wrapped her in so I could check just to make sure. :)



Getting her bath.

The boys all came to finally meet her. Dad was changing her diaper and of course they all had to check that out.

Darin and Lydia.

Tagg grabbed her like a football, thank goodness Jared has good hands.


Rees was cool because he could actually hold her without help.


Luke too.


I forgot this pic earlier...my cute kids.



Her first girlie outfit. That made it more real to see her in pink. She loves to eat already and only likes to be held. This could be interesting little princess. We are so glad she is healthy and strong and are literally tickled pink!

14 comments:

Owens D.C. said...

Made my whole day!!! I love her name :)

Amazing birth story!

Get some rest!
xoxo

Holly said...

Congradulations! I like the diaper changing picture with the boys.

Michelle said...

So, so, SOOO excited for you! You are going to love having a girl, and she sounds like a princess already! Even though it has been 2 1/2 years since my Savannah was born, I still cant believe I have one myself (after all my boys).
Congrats!

E B said...

Congratulations! Girls are fun in an entirely different way than boys!

Geoff and Janene said...

She is beautiful! It made me so happy to see a girl Stenson. You are amazing! You just had a baby and updated your blog....I sorry to say...haven't in a while. :)

Julie said...

Such a sweet little girl! Glad she made it here safely. I loved the pictures of the boys holding her...especially Tagg. So cute!

Camille said...

Oh Stacey, I laughed and cried through this whole post!!!!! I am so happy for you, she is the CUTEST, and I love, Love, LOVE that picture of the boys watching her get her diaper changed!!!!! Man....you really make me want to have another baby!!!! She is soooo cute!!! And you look GREAT!!!! I don't know what you are talking about?!?! LOL!!!!!

Tiffany said...

I think she has 'the look' of all your other kids- that cute nose. I am happy for you guys. I want to get you something. What do you still need?

Cami said...

Way to go!! She is adorable and is definitely one of yours. Can't wait to come meet her. Hazel has the same outfit as Lydia. They are already matchers.

chelsea said...

Congrats Jay Jay and Stace. We love you.

christa said...

yay lydia!! love that they checked out her diaper!
you look like one of your kids in the picture with all the kids...like you literally look like the big sister with all your brothers and your little sister.
thanks for letting me yell at you to stop so i could see her...can't wait to hold her.

Camille said...

I love the picture of you with all 5 of them!!! 5 kids?!?! WOW!!!! I hope I can have another baby...especially after seeing these pictures!!! Makes me baby hungry, LOL!!!
Did you ever have any of your other babies natural? I had my last 3 natural, not by choice though!! I tore with all 3 of those, but just a little bit, and the recovery from it was NOTHING in comparison to the PAIN of the episiotomy (sp?) I had with my 1st!!! That was AWFUL!!!!! So glad everything went so well for you!! I sure wish I could hold her!!

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

So happy for you!! You completely deserve a girl. It's soo different. You'll love all the hair bows and tights and skirts!!
And congrats on the all natural. I did that on my last 2 with a midwife. It was great!!

Peggy Glasmann said...

Way to go MOM!! I am so glad that everything went so well. You are a pro by this time. I am so glad that she is finally here and that I will finally get to meet her. I will be more than happy to help with her anytime, but especially during YW time since Jared will have EQ. Can't wait to hold her!! Your boys are growing up so fast!!