Monday, March 12, 2012

Choose the Good Part

I gave a talk in sacrament the other day about "choosing the good part" in reference to the story of Mary, Martha and Christ (Luke 10). I've contemplated life recently, with the tornadoes killing many, tsunami reunion, my Mother in law was diagnosed with breast cancer, my brother's father in law passed away unexpectedly...it just made me think and evaluate my life.

I struggle with things from day to day and am frustrated that Jared went through all this school and got a PhD yet still can't get a full time job. Life just keeps on going. I live in a great place even though our family is out growing it. I have a loving husband and 5 wonderful kids. I am truly blessed. Yes, there are areas that I can change and work on. There are "good parts" that I need to choose. I will continue to "press forward" and try to be patient for what the Lord has in store for us.

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life. 2 Nephi 31:20

5 comments:

E B said...

Thanks for the reminder. FYI there are lots of technical schools, community colleges and universities in our neck of the woods - you might check out upstate NY. I know last year I saw job openings for PhD in physics around the Rochester area.

Owens D.C. said...

Well said and sorry for those in your family that are going through medical trials, something we can unfortunately relate as well. Your testimony is so strong and a great example to those around you and that used to be around you ;) again, you are fabulous and such a loving person. Miss ya!!

christa said...

i miss you stenson. sorry to hear about jared's mom :( i know how strong your family is and i know you can all get through these trials together. lots of love, let me know if you ever need me.
also, if the boys want to come over and play...we got a dog, did i mention that? oh boy.

bjarnason family said...

Hang in there friend. Thinking of you....

Julie said...

Stacey you are one of the strongest people I know! You are awesome and always do so much to help others. Everything will work out. Unfortunately not always on our timeline, but there's always a reason for it. Of course you already know all this! We are thinking of you.