We decided to stick around for Spring Break to save some money and to just hang out. I knew if we didn't have some kind of plan then we would sit in pjs all day and watch movies...which would have been fine with me, but not very active.
Monday: Family Day
Jared had the day off, so while he did some grading in the morning, I took the kids to Zumba with me to play around. Rees did Zumba for most of it and the boys had fun playing with friends and shooting some hoops. We later had a family picnic outside, because the weather was so nice. Then we had a family Basketball game in the front and it was really fun. Some aggressive fouls here and there. The weather was soo nice Darin begged me to turn the sprinkler on, so we did.
Enjoying the sprinkler.
Tuesday: Cleaning Day
Yes, I made my kids clean. There is a possibility we might move again, so I made them go through some things and clean up their junk piles in their rooms. They had some playdates and they watched a movie later.
Wednesday: Sports Day
I emailed a bunch of moms and invited them to bring their kids to the park where we were just going to have the boys play sports. They played Basketball, Soccer then Ultimate Frisbee. They had fun and it was sooo much better with their peers to play with.
Thursday: Baking Day
I told the boys I would teach them a few things about cooking and baking and make some things that they wanted. We made homemade granola bars and homemade bread. They got called to play with some friends so we did that too. :)
playing some Bball
Friday: Movie Day
So the boys watched movies most nights and so I convinced them to make a movie or some kind of skit. I did it all the time in H.S. So they did a parody of Gangham Style and they did Grandpa Style. It was pretty funny. They wrote lyrics and had some dance moves and props. We then did some improv skits that they thought were hilarious. When Jared got home we had pizza and watched their videos and it was so fun for them!
Saturday & Sunday: General Conference
We hung out at home and watched Conference. What a great way to end our Spring Break. I think the boys had fun and it was all FREE!! Well most of it, I did get Krispie Kremes for Conference...yummm.
I didn't take a lot of pictures...I know I stink. Here is a random one of Lydia being one of the boys.
1 comment:
We had a similar Spring break, fun at home type stuff.
Love your backyard. And that girl of yours is getting too big too fast!
Post a Comment