Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mothers Day 2011

Mother's Day started bright and early with early church. Jared set his alarm to get up and make me breakfast in bed until he realized what time I really get up to get ready for church...I was already up and showering. :) The boys made me a quick breakfast and then we continued to get ready. Right before leaving a newlywed guy in our neighborhood in the ward showed up and asked if he could use our printer to print off his talk. Jared helped him as I continued getting the boys ready and out the door and a little embarassed that our house was such a mess because I dumped all the Bday party stuff the night before and was too tired to take care of it.

This sweet guy opened his talk telling the story of running out of printer ink then after failed attempts finding ink he landed at our house. He got emotional and choked up and said that he got the priviledge of seeing Sister Stenson in action, which I don't know what exactly I was doing, calming a 2 year old and trying to find my 5 yr. olds glasses. Anyways this story probably means nothing to you but it was a highlight of my mother's day and it was sweet of him to say those kind words over the pulpit and to realize that others are watching. He even later made brownies and brought them by.

After church I was banished to my room where I read a little and took a nap. Then I woke up to all my boys dressed the same and welcoming me to the "Ma Spa." They worked hard to clean up the family room and turn it into a spa for me. They had soft music, boys put on a play while Jared gave me a pedicure and he even painted my toe nails! Rees & Luke where stationed at my head combing and doing my hair. Darin was in charge of feeding me strawberries, dark chocolate, water and handing out my cards and notes. It was really sweet and I loved it!

The "workers" at the end of the spa with me and my love notes. Notice the sign that Luke made that were all over the family room.

All the workers in their uniforms. (Tagg was taking a nap.)

Then they all made me dinner and we feasted and then later went on a walk.

This awkward shot is to prove that yes I am pregnant. Jared was sitting on the couch so the angle is not attractive, but it's the only maternity pic for now. I feel extremely blessed to be a mother and have the wonderful boys I do and a wonderful husband. Happy late Mother's Day to all you wonderful moms out there that I look up to!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

LOVED this post! What sweet boys you have! I had a smililar papering at my house, too. You reminded me that I need to blog about it. And love the preggo pic, too! It is so fun to see you pregnant.

christa said...

i thought it was so sweet when folsom mentioned you, it made me tear up!
what a great group of guys you live with, how sweet "ma spa"

Owens D.C. said...

Yeah.....love it!! Adorable as always....miss you guys!

Camille said...

I absolutely LOVE the "Ma Spa"!!! How adorable!!!! You are one lucky Mommy!!! And I too love seeing your pregnant picture!! You look fantastic!!

Geoff and Janene said...

What a great idea! I'm a little jealous my kids haven't thought of a ma spa. :) I love that Jared gave you a pedicure! Awesome! You deserve it. I think you should get that treatment every week, especially with the baby coming.