Thursday, March 21, 2013

Off to the Races


After Blue and Gold comes Pine Wood Derby!  Sometimes I want to squash tradition but I will grin and bear it. It's fun for the boys...right?

Luke and his car.

Luke cut it with some supervision, and painted it.  He named it Gangster - because of the graffiti style paint job. 

And the races begin...

And end.  
Lets just say that this ward is a Little different then our last ward.  The cars were a little more professionaly done with some nice cars.  Luke didn't do so well, but he shrugged it off.  You can't win them all.  I hope he took pride that Jared gave him full say in his car and let him do most all the work.

Maybe next year we will just resurrect some old cars, do we really need to make 12 of these!!

1 comment:

Cami said...

I'm with you. At least Jared helps with the cakes and cars. Aaron not at all. I really don't enjoy these events. Do the boys really have to make a new car every year?